When a patient needs the strength, size, shape, or appearance of a tooth improved, Dr. Nathan G. Dustin may recommend a dental crown in Portland, OR. A dental crown is a cap that is custom made to cover a tooth. This tooth-shaped covering will completely encase the visible part of the tooth. We provide metal-free dental crowns at our office. Our dentist may recommend a dental crown to:
- Protect a weak tooth from breaking
- Hold a cracked tooth together
- Restore a broken or badly worn tooth
- Cover and support a tooth with a large dental filling
- Anchor a dental bridge
- Cover an irregularly shaped or badly stained tooth
- Cover a dental implant
- Improve the appearance of a tooth
To place a dental crown, our dentist will first prepare the tooth. Impressions of the tooth and those above or below it are taken so your dental crown can be constructed. At Columbia River Dentistry, we offer same-day dental crowns. We will complete and place your crown all in one visit, so you will not need a temporary crown. The fit and color of the crown will be checked before it is permanently cemented into place.
We encourage you to contact Columbia River Dentistry today to learn more and to schedule your next appointment.