If you have missing teeth, it is crucial to replace them. Without all of your teeth, chewing and eating can destabilize your bite and cause your discomfort. When teeth are missing, remaining teeth can shift and even cause your face to look older. So what do you do? At Columbia River Dentistry in Vancouver, WA we may recommend dental implants.
An implant is a synthetic tooth root in the shape of a post that is surgically placed into the jawbone. The “root” is usually made of titanium and is surgically placed into the jawbone to act as a root. Once the implant is placed it fuses (or integrates) to the bone, a process that can take anywhere from 3 to 6 months. Then, a porcelain crown is attached to replace the top part of your tooth.
Why Choose Dental Implants?
There are many advantages to choosing dental implants:
- Strong, Durable and Looks Completely Natural
- Our dentist will replace your missing or cracked teeth with dental implants that look exactly like your natural teeth. Our dental team will match the size, shape and color of your replacement teeth to your preferences.
- Prevents Dental Problems
- Dental implants are resistant to cavities, disease and decay. They are a great replacement option that is most effective at helping you maintain a healthy smile.
- Enjoy Eating Your Favorite Foods
- With dental implants, you are able to still eat whatever you want. Dental implants are almost as strong as natural teeth, giving you the ability to chew normally. You won’t have to avoid certain foods or have to worry about using one side of your mouth to chew.
- Provides Long-Term Solutions
- Unlike dental bridges that last about five to seven years; dental implants can last up to a lifetime when properly placed and cared over time.
- Improves Overall Outlook and Gives You Full Confidence
- When you choose dental implants you are guaranteed a happier and healthier life. With fewer dental concerns to worry to feeling great!
Schedule your initial appointment with our dentist today to get started on a long-lasting, confident smile!