Are you missing one or more permanent teeth? Do you feel self-conscious about your smile due to gaps from missing teeth? To restore your smile, Columbia River Dentistry may recommended dental implants in Portland, OR as a solution to regaining that confidence.
A dental implant is made up of a titanium implant post and a dental restoration. The dental implant post is surgically placed in your jawbone by our dentist, where it acts as replacement tooth roots. The dental restoration, which can be a dental crown or a dental bridge, is attached to the top of the implant post. Dental implants are very durable, and can last for many years, or even a lifetime.
How is the Dental Implant Placed?
To place a dental implant, our dentist will first surgically place the dental implant post in the bone socket of the missing tooth. During the healing process, which can take six to twelve weeks, the jawbone will grow around the implant post. This makes the dental implant a permanent part of your smile. An abutment, a small connector post, is attached to the top of the implant post.
Impressions of your teeth are made so the dental restoration can be constructed. When the restoration is complete, the fit and color are checked. After any adjustments are made, the dental restorations is attached to the abutment.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Strong, Durable and Looks Completely Natural
- Our dentist will replace your missing or cracked teeth with dental implants that look exactly like your natural teeth. Our dental team will match the size, shape and color of your replacement teeth to your preferences.
- Prevents Dental Problems
- Dental implants are resistant to cavities, disease and decay. They are a great replacement option that is most effective at helping you maintain a healthy smile.
- Enjoy Eating Your Favorite Foods
- With dental implants, you are able to still eat whatever you want. Dental implants are almost as strong as natural teeth, giving you the ability to chew normally. You won’t have to avoid certain foods or have to worry about using one side of your mouth to chew.
- Provides Long-Term Solutions
- Unlike dental bridges that last about five to seven years; dental implants can last up to a lifetime when properly placed and cared over time.
- Improves Overall Outlook and Gives You Full Confidence
- When you choose dental implants you are guaranteed a happier and healthier life. With fewer dental concerns to worry to feeling great!
Schedule a complimentary consultation with our dentist at Columbia River Dentistry in Portland, OR. We will be happy to answer your questions, help determine your needs, and suggest the best solution for you!