Are there gaps or spaces in your smile caused by missing permanent teeth? To restore the beauty and functionality of your smile, Columbia River Dentistry may recommend a dental bridge in Vancouver, Washington.
A dental bridge is an appliance that replaces missing teeth, thus bridging the gaps in your smile. To make a dental bridge, dental crowns are used for the teeth on either side of the space, which are called abutment teeth. A dental restoration is attached between these dental crowns. The following are reasons why our dentist may recommend a dental bridge:
- Restore the beauty and functionality of your smile
- Restore your ability to speak and chew properly
- Maintain the shape of your face
- Properly distribute your bite
- Prevent your natural teeth from drifting
At Columbia River Dentistry, we offer patients only metal free dental bridges. There are three types of dental bridges:
- Traditional Bridges: These types of bridges are the most common and are made from dental bridges with a replacement tooth in between.
- Cantilever Bridges: This type of bridge is used when teeth are present on only one side of the gap.
- Maryland Bonded Bridges: These are made of replacement teeth and gums supported by a framework. The framework has wings that are bonded to your natural teeth.
Please call us at (360) 828-7435 for more information on dental bridges.