Are you missing one or more permanent teeth? Are there gaps or spaces in your smile? Columbia River Dentistry may recommend a dental bridge in Portland, OR. Dental bridges can return full functionality to your teeth while giving your teeth an esthetic upgrade.
A dental bridge is a tooth replacement alternative to implants; it will look and feel like your natural teeth. Dental bridges are secured into the mouth by removing the natural structure of the two teeth on either side of a missing tooth and turning them into dental crowns. After your first crown appointment, when the original tooth structures are made into posts, the custom-made bridge is then reinforced onto the posts with the prosthetic tooth structure covering the missing tooth area.
A dental bridge can do the following for you and your smile:
- Restore your smile
- Restore the ability to eat and talk properly
- Maintain your face shape
- Properly distribute your bite by replacing missing teeth
- Keep your natural teeth from shifting out of place
Dental bridges at Columbia River Dentistry are completely metal free. There are three main types of dental bridges:
- Traditional Bridges: which involve dental crowns for the abutment teeth with a dental restoration in between.
- Cantilever Bridges: are used when there is only an abutment tooth on one side of the space.
- Maryland Bonded Bridges: are made of porcelain or plastic teeth and gums supported by a porcelain framework. The wings on either side of the bridge are bonded to your teeth.
Show Before and After Pictures
For more information and to schedule your appointment, please contact our office today.