Are you missing one or more permanent teeth? Are there gaps or spaces in your smile? Columbia River Dentistry may recommend a dental bridge in Portland, OR. Dental bridges can return full functionality to your teeth while giving your teeth an esthetic upgrade.
A dental bridge is a tooth replacement alternative to implants; it will look and feel like your natural teeth. Dental bridges are secured into the mouth by removing the natural structure of the two teeth on either side of a missing tooth and turning them into dental crowns. After your first crown appointment, when the original tooth structures are made into posts, the custom-made bridge is then reinforced onto the posts with the prosthetic tooth structure covering the missing tooth area.
A dental bridge can do the following for you and your smile:
- Restore your smile
- Restore the ability to eat and talk properly
- Maintain your face shape
- Properly distribute your bite by replacing missing teeth
- Keep your natural teeth from shifting out of place
Dental bridges at Columbia River Dentistry are completely metal free. There are three main types of dental bridges:
- Traditional Bridges: which involve dental crowns for the abutment teeth with a dental restoration in between.
- Cantilever Bridges: are used when there is only an abutment tooth on one side of the space.
- Maryland Bonded Bridges: are made of porcelain or plastic teeth and gums supported by a porcelain framework. The wings on either side of the bridge are bonded to your teeth.
For more information and to schedule your appointment, please contact our office today.